Aurora Optima Fountain Pen, Black Resin with Chrome Trim and Fine Nib
- ***Our favorite items and our favorite customers deserve each other — we can offer some significant savings if you email us about your interest in this special men's accessory.***
Presenting a sober and almost understated image, the Aurora Optima Fountain Pen, Black Resin with Chrome Trim and Fine Nib is nonetheless an elegant instrument that is suited to the hands of all individuals who appreciate something more refined than a cheap, mass-produced ballpoint pen. Encased in a beautiful shell of shining black resin, this product bears the Aurora logo stamped on a chrome band encircling the mouth of its cap. Although it can be refilled once its ink reservoir has been exhausted using much the same method as other fountain pens, this particular pen also has a second, hidden reservoir that can be used once its end is turned counter-clockwise. In contrast to most fountain pens of modern design, pens in the Optima line use piston filling systems. Said systems are more reliable and can hold more ink compared to their substitutes, but have become less common due to the increased difficulties in manufacturing them. As a result, Optima pens can be considered true successors to the fine fountain pens of old. On a concluding note, this particular pen uses a fine nib, meaning that its ink transfers to the page in elegant and almost delicate lines that refuse to blotch.
Founded in the same year as the signing of the Treaty of Versailles, Aurora is emblematic of the ebullience that seized a damaged but nonetheless hopeful Italy. From its earliest beginnings, Aurora demonstrated that it could bring together precious materials, experienced craftsmanship, and the latest technological advances to create beautiful but still usable writing instruments. Since then, the Italian manufacturer has continued to maintain a careful balance between classical elegance and modern innovation. Its meteoric rise in the global market is testament to the success of this approach. Today, Aurora sells its writing instruments to discerning customers based in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, the Far East, and other far-flung regions.
Features: fine width 14k solid gold nib. Piston filling mechanism. 5-Year Aurora Limited Warranty.
Made in Italy
We offer FREE SHIPPING for qualified US orders, after all discounts, including vouchers for reward points, and before applicable taxes and shipping charges. Gift card purchases do not count toward the minimum requirement. This free shipping offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Eligible customers must select the free shipping option during the checkout process to take advantage of the offer.
Orders over $35, qualify for FREE standard shipping. Orders over $100 benefit from FREE 3-Day Shipping. A preferred carrier can be selected at checkout.
Estimated delivery times for free shipping options:
Standard Shipping: 2-8 working days
3-Day Shipping: 1-3 working days
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer free shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, Associated States, Puerto Rico, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page. Shipping charges vary depending on the location, size, and weight of the package.
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).