***Do not let the price stop you from adding this item to your collection. Contact us via email for alternative pricing offers.***
Beautiful but not ostentatious, the Aurora Optima Fountain Pen, Black Resin with Chrome Trim and Medium Nib embodies subtle elegance. Both the barrel and the cap of the pen are made of black resin based on a classical design, though the cap is trimmed with chrome to lend it a modernistic air. Despite their fine appearance, Optima pens are also famous for being both reliable and practical. Each pen is fitted to the user's hand, meaning that prolonged usage will not bring about cramps and other signs of discomfort. Furthermore, the piston filling mechanism contained in each Optima pen ensures that it can keep up with its user's needs. Although harder to manufacture and thus rarer than competing designs, piston filling mechanisms can hold more ink and are less prone to breaking down. This pen also contains a second ink reservoir that can prolong its usefulness. Switching over to this second reservoir is as simple as turning the pen's end in a counter-clockwise direction. Optima pens can use a range of nibs, though this particular pen comes attached to a medium-sized nib made of 14K gold. Medium-sized nibs are superior to finer nibs in that their points are not sharp enough to sink into the paper. Individuals who prefer broader lines upon the paper should also choose medium-sized nibs over their finer counterparts.
Aurora is an Italian manufacturer of fine writing instruments that strives to balance aesthetics with more practical concerns such as durability and reliability. Its manufacturing processes marry technological innovation to tried-and-true craftsmanship. As a result, the pens and other products marked with the Aurora logo are not only beautiful and refined, but also stand up under the expectations placed upon them. Despite its strict adherence to its tradition of excellence, Aurora is a business focused on claiming the future.
Features: medium width 14k solid gold nib. Piston filling mechanism. 5-Year Aurora Limited Warranty.
Made in Italy
We offer Free Shipping for qualified US orders over $50.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in the United States is normally 4-12 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside the U.S.A and Canada.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).