An outstanding example of the simple elegance of a fine writing pen, the Sheaffer Prelude Ballpoint Pen, Fluted 22k Gold Plate with Gold Plate Trim features an evenly ridged top and barrel, with polished accents on the tip, clip and band. Proudly displaying the White Dot that indicates the highest quality in a Sheaffer pen, this smoothly performing ballpoint boasts a limited lifetime warranty and a wider and more substantial profile that nestles easily in the writer’s hand. Increased comfort and reduced fatigue during use are benefits of the more robust silhouette, its added heft marking it as a pen fit for a gentleman. Twist the barrel to expose the writing tip, a much more refined mechanism than the clattering clicks of a discount retractable.
The first Sheaffer ballpoint pen was introduced in 1946, the RA-1 Stratowriter. Fountain pens were vastly more common at the time, so the new rolling ballpoint technology was considered fairly exotic, resulting in a higher price for the ballpoints. Today’s ballpoint pens are often less expensive than a comparable fountain pen, but the graceful lines and quality materials used to make both varieties clearly indicate the relationship between them. Consider buying both fountain and ballpoint Preludes, using each to its strength.
Sheaffer began adding ballpoints to its range at the midpoint of the last century, and welcomed rollerball action in the 1980s. Each type of pen has its devotees, and situations that call for its particular features. Most of Sheaffer’s current models are available as a fountain, a ballpoint or a rollerball, with slightly different design details that match the function of each type. We at Fendrihan have selected a range of Sheaffer pens from which you can determine your best fit in a personal daily writing tool, and also can browse when looking for a special gift for a friend, colleague or loved one. Visit our fine pen collection online and discover your perfect writing partner.
Sheaffer Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Packaged in a classic presentation box.
We offer Free Shipping for qualified US orders over $50.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in the United States is normally 4-12 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside the U.S.A and Canada.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).