Designed for honing kitchen knives and other cutting utensils, the SSS Japanese Waterstone Hone, 8000 Grit, 25 mm is a modern product born of evolving technologies. Its 8,000 grit size means that its surface is perfect for cutting utensils, because it is excellent for producing a smoother finish while being not so effective at stripping away the material. This particular product possesses a thick width, making for long-lasting durability despite being worn away as part of its usage. Regular care can make for even longer usefulness.
In the past as in the present, the Japanese are producing their sharpening stones mined from quarries based around their nation. However, centuries of mining have made it more difficult for Japanese manufacturers to produce their sharpening stones, resulting in their search for acceptable substitutes. Said search has resulted in the manufacture of artificial whetstones, products that some users consider as good or even better than their natural predecessors.
Characters on stone and box read: Special selection. High level SSS finishing hone.
Dimensions: 210 x 75 x 25 mm
Made in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for qualified US orders over $50.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in the United States is normally 4-12 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside the U.S.A and Canada.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).