The Thiers Issard "Bison" Decorated Spine Straight Razor 5/8" with Bocote Handle immediately draws and holds your attention. Boldly grained bocote wood scales from Central and South America have a natural sheen and are resistant to moisture. A magnificent bison is etched in gold on the full hollow blade; flexible and responsive, the Sheffield silver steel blade “sings” while shaving, creating a vibration as it cuts the hair. The spine is sculpted with sharp angles, these simple lines creating the look of ripened wheat, reminiscent of the art deco style. Decisively masculine, this is a remarkable open razor.
Firmly established as one of the premier straight razor crafters in the world, Thiers Issard has been manufacturing blades in central France since 1884. Because of the skill and care used by the Thiers Issard artisans, they are the only French razor makers still permitted to use lead-hardening, an ancient method that results in superior flexibility. Those who value the work of master craftsmen need only look to our online straight razor collection to find the uniquely designed Thiers Issard blade that is their perfect match.
Full hollow ground singing blade.
Pre-Sharpened by Thiers Issard.
Leather carrying case included.
Made in Thiers, France
We offer Free Shipping for qualified US orders over $50.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in the United States is normally 4-12 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside the U.S.A and Canada.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).