Shapton Glass Sharpening High-Carbon Stone, 4000 Grit
In stock, ready to ship
- Shapton High Carbon is a new line of superior hones from the Japanese manufacturer. Their unique characteristics, are:
- excellent feedback
- superior polishing qualities that allow you to get an excellent mirror finish on your blade at a lower grit than with regular hones
- gentler on the blade compared to regular Shapton glass stones
Shapton sharpening stones combine extremely fast cutting action with low maintenance. The Shapton line of high-carbon water-stones has been carefully manufactured to achieve the highest levels of performance and durability. They may appear thin at first glance but they will outlast most other stones that are three times the thickness. These abrasives are extremely uniform. Consistency is the primary goal for Shapton's engineers. The abrasive that you encounter with the first pass will be the same on the 5,000th pass. And this will be true for every abrasive size.
As with every water-stone, Shapton glass stones require lapping (flattening) to maintain the sharpening surface in proper shape.
They do not need to be soaked in water; simply splash some on and start sharpening.
As with all water hones, Shapton water-stones do wear concave with use and require periodic re-flattening.
4000 grit / 3.68 micron - Ideal for re-sharpening and refreshing a dull blade.
Dimensions: 2.75" x 8.25" (210 mm x 70 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer FREE SHIPPING for qualified US orders, after all discounts, including vouchers for reward points, and before applicable taxes and shipping charges. Gift card purchases do not count toward the minimum requirement. This free shipping offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Eligible customers must select the free shipping option during the checkout process to take advantage of the offer.
Orders over $35, qualify for FREE standard shipping. Orders over $100 benefit from FREE 3-Day Shipping. A preferred carrier can be selected at checkout.
Estimated delivery times for free shipping options:
Standard Shipping: 2-8 working days
3-Day Shipping: 1-3 working days
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer free shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, Associated States, Puerto Rico, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page. Shipping charges vary depending on the location, size, and weight of the package.
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).