Chromox, Green Chromium Oxide Finishing Paste by Thiers Issard
Chromox finishing paste is recommended for use after sharpening with extra-fine diamond grits 0.50 or 0.25 microns. It is also suitable for use after super-fine hones, such as Shapton 16,000 or 30,000 grits, Chinese 12,000 grits, or select Belgian Coticule stones.
The edge-smoothing compound, when properly used on a paddle or hanging-strop, smoothes or takes the "bite" out of a very sharp, aggressive edge.
Important: the chromium oxide paste must fill the pores in your strop; you don't want it to coat the surface. Before first use, with your fingers, rub in a generous amount of paste to completely cover the surface and fill all voids. Then, with a paper towel, wipe all the excess paste off the surface. When you are getting only a trace of lapping paste on your towel, your strop is ready for use. Before applying the chromium oxide paste, you should always stir it well, to avoid settling of the chromium oxide particles in the mixture. We recommend that you stir with a small piece of wood and then wipe this piece on the strop to be covered, so as to avoid wastage.
Note: Paste only fills half container. This is normal.
Weight: 1.7 oz (50g)
Made in France
We offer FREE SHIPPING for qualified US orders, after all discounts, including vouchers for reward points, and before applicable taxes and shipping charges. Gift card purchases do not count toward the minimum requirement. This free shipping offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Eligible customers must select the free shipping option during the checkout process to take advantage of the offer.
Orders over $35, qualify for FREE standard shipping. Orders over $100 benefit from FREE 3-Day Shipping. A preferred carrier can be selected at checkout.
Estimated delivery times for free shipping options:
Standard Shipping: 2-8 working days
3-Day Shipping: 1-3 working days
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer free shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, Associated States, Puerto Rico, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page. Shipping charges vary depending on the location, size, and weight of the package.
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).