Belgian Blue Coticule 6x3", Sharpening Stone
In stock, ready to ship
- Natural sharpening stone imported from Belgium. The normal grit of the stone is 4000, making ideal for re-sharpening a dull blade. After using the Blue Coticule the transition can be made to the yellow coticule for final polishing and touches.
The stone is very hard (harder that most artificial wet stones) but will still need lapping before first usage and from time to time. It can be lapped by using a lapping stone (i.e DMT-8C 325 coarse diamond sharpening stone or Norton Lapping Stone) or with sandpaper on a very flat surface (i.e. glass).
Note: These are natural stones and each stone is one-of-a-kind. Consequently the photo is for illustration purposes ONLY, and might not accurately represent the Belgian Blue Coticule stone you will actually receive.
Tip: the long edges of the stone should be rounded slightly with a lapping stone or sandpaper. This way the risk of denting the blade in a normal honing motion across the stone is greatly reduced.
Quarried in Belgium
Size: 6x3" (150x80 mm)
We offer Free Shipping for qualified US orders over $35.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in the United States is normally 2-8 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside the U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).