Belgian Yellow Coticule 8x3", Standard Grade
In stock, ready to ship
- Natural sharpening stone imported from Belgium. Includes a slurry stone.
An extremely versatile and efficient sharpening stone. Can be used wet, dry or wet with a slurry. The normal grit of the stone used without a slurry is 8000 grit. When used with a slurry, the grit drops to about 6000 grit making the coticule suitable for sharpening a blade that is not particularly fresh anymore. The coticule without a slurry can be used to put a fine edge on your straight razor.
Besides its versatility and flexibility of use, the coticule has the advantage of being a naturally non-porous stone, so it will not clog and it doesn't need presoaking. Just sprinkle some water on the stone and you are ready to go.
Moreover, this stone provides an excellent feeling and feedback when sharpening, making it ideal for new wet-shavers.
The stone is very hard (harder that most artificial wet stones) but will still need lapping before first usage and from time to time. It can be lapped by using a lapping stone (i.e DMT-8C 325 coarse diamond sharpening stone or Norton Lapping Stone) or with sandpaper on a very flat surface (i.e. glass).
The difference between the standard and select grade coticules lies only in their appearance. Both stone grades have identical sharpening qualities.
Note: These are natural stones and each stone is one-of-a-kind. Consequently the photo is for illustration purposes ONLY, and might not accurately represent the Belgian Yellow Coticule stone you will actually receive.
Tip: the long edges of the stone should be rounded slightly with a lapping stone or sandpaper. This way the risk of denting the blade in a normal honing motion across the stone is greatly reduced.
Quarried in Belgium
Size: 8x3" (200 mm x 75 mm)
We offer FREE SHIPPING for qualified US orders, after all discounts, including vouchers for reward points, and before applicable taxes and shipping charges. Gift card purchases do not count toward the minimum requirement. This free shipping offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Eligible customers must select the free shipping option during the checkout process to take advantage of the offer.
Orders over $35, qualify for FREE standard shipping. Orders over $100 benefit from FREE 3-Day Shipping. A preferred carrier can be selected at checkout.
Estimated delivery times for free shipping options:
Standard Shipping: 2-8 working days
3-Day Shipping: 1-3 working days
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer free shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, Associated States, Puerto Rico, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page. Shipping charges vary depending on the location, size, and weight of the package.
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).