KIYA Ichogake Japanese Kamisori Straight Razor
- Of Japanese design and manufacture, the KIYA Ichogake Kamisori Straight Razor is instantly recognizable. It has a single cutting edge, just like straight razors from European manufacturers such as DOVO and Thiers Issard. But unlike these cut-throats, a Japanese straight razor is a single continuous piece of steel with a flat-headed blade. This implement is made using kigami, which is a superior carbon steel formulated for increased strength and sharpness retention. The handle of the kamisori has been bound using rattan for a firmer grip. Please keep in mind that sharpening and honing this kind of razor takes practice and involves a steep learning curve, even if you already own a European-type straight razor.
Being an old and respected manufacturer of kitchen knives, KIYA can boast of considerable experience concerning cutting implements made using steel. Although the modern business still specializes in the manufacture of kitchen knives, it has used this experience to launch unrelated products such as nail clippers and straight razors.
Characters on box read: High quality Japanese razor.
Made in Japan
We offer FREE SHIPPING for qualified US orders, after all discounts, including vouchers for reward points, and before applicable taxes and shipping charges. Gift card purchases do not count toward the minimum requirement. This free shipping offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Eligible customers must select the free shipping option during the checkout process to take advantage of the offer.
Orders over $35, qualify for FREE standard shipping. Orders over $100 benefit from FREE 3-Day Shipping. A preferred carrier can be selected at checkout.
Estimated delivery times for free shipping options:
Standard Shipping: 2-8 working days
3-Day Shipping: 1-3 working days
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer free shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, Associated States, Puerto Rico, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page. Shipping charges vary depending on the location, size, and weight of the package.
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).