Oozuku Japanese Natural Whetstone
- ***Oozuku stones are natural rather than artificial, meaning that their colors, shapes, sizes, thicknesses, and other characteristics are unique to each stone. Even though the picture shows examples of the product, customers cannot choose from the depicted stones because the pictured items might not be available in our inventories. No returns and no exchanges will be accepted if the products mailed are not a match to the pictures presented.***
Named for the site of its origin, the Oozuku Japanese Natural Whetstone is a product of its homeland’s finest honing practices. Although the material used to produce these pieces comes from the same site, its depth means that there can be significant differences between individual stones. As a result, even though most of these stones fall within 8,000 to 12,000 grit, the actual grit size must be discovered through actual usage. Customers should bear in mind that these pieces are meant to be used along with nagura stones, which are rubbed atop their wet surfaces to produce an abrasive slurry.
Oozuku is one of the Higashi-mono, referring to a collection of five quarries famous since ancient times for their sharpening stones. Stones from Oozuku are renowned for their fine grain and exceptional hardness, though some examples can be too hard at times. At present, production has stopped at Oozuku, but there is more than enough stockpiled material to continue supplying customers around the world.
Approximate grit: 8,000 to 12,000
Average dimensions: 142 x 81 x 16 mm
Average weight: 447 g
Made in Japan
We offer FREE SHIPPING for qualified US orders, after all discounts, including vouchers for reward points, and before applicable taxes and shipping charges. Gift card purchases do not count toward the minimum requirement. This free shipping offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Eligible customers must select the free shipping option during the checkout process to take advantage of the offer.
Orders over $35, qualify for FREE standard shipping. Orders over $100 benefit from FREE 3-Day Shipping. A preferred carrier can be selected at checkout.
Estimated delivery times for free shipping options:
Standard Shipping: 2-8 working days
3-Day Shipping: 1-3 working days
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer free shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, Associated States, Puerto Rico, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page. Shipping charges vary depending on the location, size, and weight of the package.
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).