Used to flatten sharpening stones to keep them true, the Shapton Glass Diamond Lapping Plate is an innovative and quick solution for both water and ceramic stones in need of maintenance. Use only for stones with a 500 grit or above. Lapping should be done with plenty of water and firm downward pressure in an “x” pattern. As you lap keep removing the slurry and be sure to rinse thoroughly when completed. Check for any dark areas which indicate additional lapping may need to be done. The unique diamond on glass design resulted from the combination of microchip processing and diamond abrasive technologies, a one of a kind product for our discerning customers.
Offering straight razor and fine knife users the tools they need to keep edges sharp and true, Shapton is a North American company in which you can have complete confidence. Buy your cutting edge honing and sharpening tools from Fendrihan, the razor and knife shop.
Dimensions: 9.9" x 3.1" x 0.9" (253 mm x 80 mm x 24 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for qualified US orders over $50.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in the United States is normally 4-12 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside the U.S.A and Canada.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).