Shapton sharpening stones combine extremely fast cutting action with low maintenance. The Shapton line of glass water-stones has been carefully manufactured to achieve the highest levels of performance and durability. They may appear thin at first glance but they will outlast most other stones that are three times the thickness. These abrasives are extremely uniform. Consistency is the primary goal for Shapton's engineers. The abrasive that you encounter with the first pass will be the same on the 5,000th pass. And this will be true for every abrasive size.
As with every water-stone, Shapton glass stones require lapping (flattening) to maintain the sharpening surface in proper shape.
They do not need to be soaked in water; simply splash some on and start sharpening.
As with all water hones Shapton water-stones do wear concave with use and require periodic re-flattening.
1000 grit / 14.7 micron - Ideal for removing micro-chips, small dents and traces of corrosion from an old blade. Excellent stone for perfecting the bevel (the first phase of the honing process).
Dimensions: 2.75" x 8.25" (210 mm x 70 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for qualified US orders over $35.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in the United States is normally 2-8 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside the U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).