Shapton Glass Sharpening Stone, 220 Grit
In stock, ready to ship
For the knife aficionado, a good sharpening stone is a staple. The Shapton 220 glass sharpening stone is especially hard and dense, making it fast-cutting, aggressive, and slow to wear. It comes glass plated, and the stone can be used until it reaches the glass plating, so you can reap the full benefits of the material. This stone is a splash-and-go, so you only need to splash a small amount of water onto the stone before you start sharpening. It dries quickly, so there's little waste produced in the sharpening process.
- 220 grit / 66.82 micron
- Ideal for removing corrosion and repairing edges on very dull tools
- Note: This sharpening stone should only be used on the dullest razors, or on cooking knives and other tools.
As with every water-stone, Shapton glass stones require lapping (flattening) to maintain the sharpening surface in proper shape. They do not need to be soaked in water; simply splash some on and start sharpening.
As with all water hones, Shapton water-stones do wear concave with use and require periodic re-flattening.
Dimensions: 2.75" x 8.25" (210 mm x 70 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer FREE SHIPPING for qualified US orders, after all discounts, including vouchers for reward points, and before applicable taxes and shipping charges. Gift card purchases do not count toward the minimum requirement. This free shipping offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Eligible customers must select the free shipping option during the checkout process to take advantage of the offer.
Orders over $35, qualify for FREE standard shipping. Orders over $100 benefit from FREE 3-Day Shipping. A preferred carrier can be selected at checkout.
Estimated delivery times for free shipping options:
Standard Shipping: 2-8 working days
3-Day Shipping: 1-3 working days
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer free shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, Associated States, Puerto Rico, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page. Shipping charges vary depending on the location, size, and weight of the package.
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).