Shapton Kuromaku Professional Ceramic Whetstone Purple, 30000 Grit
In stock, ready to ship
The Shapton Kuromaku Professional Ceramic Whetstone Sharpening Stone, Purple 30000 grit is a rare gem in the sharpening world. This stone provides extreme polishing and undergoes a meticulous 20-hour crafting process to deliver the finest polish possible. Use the stone’s included storage case as a stone holder while in use and to keep it protected. Clean and dry stone after each use.
- 30000 Grit, 0.48 micron
- Micro Fine
- Purple storage case included
- Remove and discard foam protection before use. Do not store stone with foam.
- As with all water hones, Shapton water-stones require periodic re-flattening.
NOTE: Shapton recommends pre-soaking stones only before the first use for a maximum of five minutes. After the first use, splash water as needed. They also suggest beginning with the side that does not contain printing however both sides can be used for sharpening.
For over 50 years Shapton has been the leading manufacturer of sharpening stones. Known for their durability and longevity, Shapton stones are uniquely designed with tempered glass to prevent decay and extremely hard. Shapton’s Kuromaku Professional Stones use a colour coding system to identify the grit of each stone. The entire series is arranged from extra coarse (120) to micro fine (30,000).
Working surface: 8.25 x 2.75 x 0.6” (210 x 70 x 15 mm)
Case/holder: 8.7 x 8.7 x 1.4” (220 x 220 x 35 mm)
Weight: approx. 500 g
Made in Japan
We offer FREE SHIPPING for qualified US orders, after all discounts, including vouchers for reward points, and before applicable taxes and shipping charges. Gift card purchases do not count toward the minimum requirement. This free shipping offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Eligible customers must select the free shipping option during the checkout process to take advantage of the offer.
Orders over $35, qualify for FREE standard shipping. Orders over $100 benefit from FREE 3-Day Shipping. A preferred carrier can be selected at checkout.
Estimated delivery times for free shipping options:
Standard Shipping: 2-8 working days
3-Day Shipping: 1-3 working days
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer free shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, Associated States, Puerto Rico, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page. Shipping charges vary depending on the location, size, and weight of the package.
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).